The scientific bibliography of Archbold Biological Station
STABIB, The scientific bibliography of Archbold Biological Station, STABIB includes 2,300 citations for the 76-year period, 1942-February 2018. It includes all scientific publications by Archbold Biological Station (ABS) staff and publications by visiting scientists based on research done at ABS, MacArthur Agro-Ecology Research Center (BIR), or the Archbold Reserve. Thus, STABIB is the record of scientific information about the ecosystems of ABS and BIR.
Publications by the Station - Ecology, Land Management, Conservation and Education
- Indigo Snake Report – 65-page PDF file (Layne, J.N., and T.M. Steiner. 1996. Eastern indigo snake (Drymarchon corais couperi): Summary of research conducted at Archbold Biological Station. Report 43910-6-0134 to U.S. Fish Wildl. Serv., Jackson, MS PDF file
- State Wide Assessment of Florida Scrub-Jays on Managed Areas -- 43-page PDF file (Boughton, R.K. and R. Bowman. 2011. State wide assessment of Florida scrub-jays on managed areas: A comparison of current populations to the result of the 1992-93 survey. Archbold Biological Station, Venus, FL) PDF file
- State of the Scrub -- (Turner, W.R., et al. 2006. State of the scrub: Conservation progress, management responsibilities, and land acquisition priorities for imperiled species of Florida's Lake Wales Ridge.)
See also: Turner, W. R., D. S. Wilcove, and H. M. Swain. 2006. Assessing the effectiveness of reserve acquisition programs in protecting rare and threatened species. Conservation Biology 20:1657-1669. PDF file
- Lake Wales Ridge Boundary map 2008 -- 20 page pdf file, an ecological map of Florida's Lake Wales Ridge: A new boundary delineation and an assessment of post-Columbian habitat loss. Florida scientist 71:45-64.) -- link to maps from article.
- Lake Annie Report -- 81-page PDF file (Layne, J.N. 1979. Natural features of the Lake Annie Tract, Highlands County, Florida)
- Lake Annie 2005 Workshop Report -- 70-page PDF file (Swain, H.M. and E. Gaiser. 2005. Report of the Lake Annie Workshop, Archbold Biological Station, 23-24 June 2005)
- Station Vegetation Paper -- 40-page PDF file (Abrahamson, W. G., A. F. Johnson, J. N. Layne, and P. A. Peroni. 1984. Vegetation of the Archbold Biological Station, Florida: an example of the southern Lake Wales Ridge. Florida Scientist 47:209-250.
- Jewels of the Ridge -- 5-page PDF file (Weekley, C. 2006. Jewels of the ridge: 20 imperiled plants of the Lake Wales Ridge. Palmetto 24(1):4-7,11.)
- Fire Management Plan
- Archbold Biological Station Biennial Report 1995-1996
- Archbold Biological Station Biennial Report 1997-1998
- Archbold Biological Station Biennial Report 1999-2000
- Florida Scrub Coloring Book